Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Today's Giggle and More

First - today's giggle. I felt the need for a little pampering (and some callous removal) so I went for a mani/pedi this morning. I was listening to all of the chatter around me that I did not understand when I looked up from my manicure to see the manicurist's state license hanging close to me and then I saw it - her name was... En My Quach! I almost started laughing out loud. I started thinking that this lady was really lucky that she (probably) did not grow up in our country and go to grade school here! I am fairly certain that the pronunciation does not even come close to what went through my brain when I glanced at her name but it still made me smile.

On another note I have been meaning to post some cute pictures of D and me at the Rock and Worship Roadshow concert that we went to last Friday night. I was essentially his ride since the girls from his youth group didn't have room in their car for him but all of the kids were great to me and even tried to include me in their card games. The show was general admission - only $10 - so we stood in line for a few hours so we could get good seats. To pass the time the kids played card games I had never heard of and raced each other at sudoku puzzles. We had a great time and the music was incredible. I loved Addison Road and D's favorite was Hawk Nelson but 10th Avenue North, Jeremy Camp and Mercy Me weren't too shabby either!

Here we are!


Passing time playing cards.


Sudoku races!


More fun and the line.

No comments: