Monday, October 27, 2008

3 Day Training Update

I was so excited to do this post and let everyone know that on Friday last week, I passed 120 miles of training! We only started at the end of September, so I am proud of all of the training we are squeezing in during our shortened training period. Thanks again to my hubby, G, for getting up every weekday to do 5 miles with me.

This is the not so happy part of my 3 day training update - on Friday afternoon I was putting a Longaberger 3 qt. dish in my hutch and it slid out of the hutch, landing square on my left big toe!!! My toe turned a nice shade of purple and throbbed so bad I hardly slept Friday night. Saturday I skipped our 14 mile walk (ya think?) and went to the urgent care for an x-ray. I kept explaining to them that normally I wouldn't be concerned except I am in training for the 3 day. What can they really do for a broken toe anyway? X-rays were negative so the kind Doc gave me some meds to help me heal and sleep and they wished me well. Doc told me that he would recommend at least a week off if not more, but to listen to my body and I should be fine. Three days of no training is already killing me but I am trying to be a good patient and use the down time to focus on additional fundraising, as I am still about $1000 shy of the $2200 and so is another of my teammates.

If you think about it, say a little prayer for my toe and also that we will meet our fundraising goals. Thanks.

My 3 Day link:
http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/Walk/ArizonaEvent?px=2770975&pg=personal&fr_id=1180

Funniest quote to come from the toe debacle - D, my 15 year old - "I always knew Longaberger would be the death of mom - I just thought it would be from all of the giant boxes that get delivered to the house!" Funny boy.

1 comment:

Sand said...

The Dallas quote cracked me up!