Thursday, October 16, 2008

Welcome to my Blog!

I don't really expect that anyone more than family and an occasional friend will follow my blog which is ok with me! I am really doing this as a way to share with far away family members how the kids are growing with a picture or two and a video clip once in a while. I have been inspired by a friend that is a blogger. When I read her blog, it just seems like a great way to keep everyone up to date with your family and the funny,sad or weird everyday things that happen to you. Of course, my blog will be a bit more boring than my friend who has been chronicling her adoption of a daughter from Ghana! Nothing quite that exciting going on at our house but I would still like to share.

The most exciting thing going on at the moment for me is that I am training and fundraising for the Breast Cancer 3 Day walk. Two friends decided a couple of weeks ago that they were going to do the walk again this year and invited me to join them. I did not do the walk last year, but supported them along the way and attended the life changing closing ceremony. Deciding to train and fundraise for the walk that is on November 14th is a bit of an undertaking. If you are unfamiliar, you must raise $2,200 to participate and follow a grueling training schedule meant to be done in 16 weeks or more! My weekday training has been made possible by my wonderful hubby who now gets up at 4:45 every morning to undertake a 5 mile or more walk with me. Thanks G! Love you!!!

I guess that is all for now - until next time!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yea! You are a blogger now! Rach- if you share some of your thoughts on different topics and some of your latest scrap pages and projects as well as what all the boys are up to- it will never be boring! Let me know if you need help on anything at all. Sometimes it is quicker to have someone tell you how to do something instead of trying to figure it out in the help!!

So are you doing the parenting tips on Friday? I sure hope so!!

I am looking forward to more posts...

Jennine

Jen said...

Sandy oh Sandy...

Where is your blog??

You guys aren't busy or anything are you???