Sunday, October 26, 2008

Words I Haven't Heard Before...

Hello Mrs. T, this is the school Social Worker...and G-Man has been in a fight on the playground! HUH? Not knowing exactly how testosterone works, I wasn't sure how to handle this situation. As the mother of 3 boys I guess I should have expected to get that phone call one day, but I wasn't. I really thought the boxing matches would happen at home more than at school - silly me. Turns out there was a football game on the playground that included some smack talking and G-Man shoving one of his best friends (who is much larger than him) and the pal returned the love with a punch to the ribs. That was pretty much the end of the fight and they both ended up in the office soon after. This incident came on the same day as G-Man's parent teacher conference so we made him come to the school with us and apologize to the Principal for causing trouble in her school. She took mercy on both boys, knowing they are buddies and that it was their first (and hopefully last) offense, and she didn't suspend them. The principal also knows how competitive these boys all are since they are all on the same baseball team as her son so she banned the two delinquents from playground football for the next two weeks. G-Man probably has the biggest heart of our 3 boys and he shed a couple of tears knowing that he had hurt his friend because he didn't think about his actions first. There was a grounding and a phone call to the buddy to make nice so all is well for Monday morning - hopefully lessons learned!

I suppose since I have now embarrassed him on the world wide web, I should also brag a little that at his conference we received G-Man's report card - all A's. Way to go bud!

No comments: