Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lordy, Lordy the Princess is 40!


So the sign welcoming me to my surprise 40th birthday party announced! I kinda knew something was up but had no idea of the scope of my friends imaginations. The invitations were rolled scrolls sent in tubes to all invitees and the theme was Renaissance and all were to come in costume. Most everyone at the party came in some sort of costume and if you didn't come in one, my friends provided you with a tiara at the door. Since I knew something was up, I shopped the week before and got some awesome new jeans and a new top and sweater from my favorite White House Black Market. I got to wear my sweet new outfit for all of 1 minute at the party and then my friends promptly dressed me in MY costume for the party! It was a lovely purple crushed velvet dress with silver lame sleeves. I was greeted at the door by a couple of presents - my cousin (and the closest thing I had to a sister when I was younger) from L.A. and a good friend from Montana had come just for the party. My amazement continued as I wandered through the house to find almost all of my friends and loved ones were there. The party was complete with a caterer, a bartender, a princess cake, a chocolate fountain (you haven't lived until you have eaten a chocolate dipped twinkie!) and what seemed like hundreds of candles and jewels covering every surface of my friend's house. It was the best party I have ever been to! You know it must be a good party when a couple of people decide to jump into the unheated pool in mid February. I can't imagine how they would ever be able to top this one. Here I am with the princess cake..

I have to say Thank You to my friends and my hubby for the best 40th birthday party ever!


No comments: