Thursday, April 2, 2009

Consider Yourself Warned


If you see this kid driving around town you might wanna give him some space for now! D and I did his first driving lesson yesterday. The little kids were still in school and the high school had gotten out early after AIMS testing. I figured there was no time like the present. So we went for a short spin around the neighborhood.

We were in hysterics before he even fully backed out of the driveway! I wish I had the fore site to bring a video camera because it was priceless. There was lots of jerking going on - so much that I had to slurp down more of my half full glass of water or one of us was gonna get a bath! By the way this was not a even stick shift and I don't even want to imagine what that would have been like. We laughed our way through the neighborhood with D even confessing at one point that his dad and I make it look really easy! I was thinking about it this morning and decided that I am grateful to have that fun memory with D - there is only one first time driving and I got to be there. It occurred to me that as your children grow into teenagers they make less memories with you and more with their friends so I am going to cherish this one. We haven't laughed like that together for a while. Thanks D!

By the way - G - you will be taking over the driving lessons from here as I remember the N-O doctor telling us the other day that I should avoid any activities that cause a jarring motion of my neck or head! :)

No comments: